Pages - Menu

Monday, November 16, 2015

Back to Blogging

What was the name of that book that started out something like..."It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."????

Chubby Hubby tells me it is the classic "Tale of Two Cities". 

Okay, so I am not a big reader.

I didn't read much more than the first page or two of that book before I lost interest but that line pretty much sums up my life right about now.  Life is really really good right now but we also have a some not so good stuff happening.  I didn't intend to start a blog and then go on hiatus so quickly. This last year has been quite the roller coaster ride and blogging sadly fell to the way side.

Before I reclaim my little spot on the internet, I will give a cliff notes version of my absence.

The Good Stuff

I am happy.  Truly happy.  I set some goals this year and I have achieved them.  The one that tops the list is getting a new job.  I have been searching for new opportunities in new career field.  Someone finally gave me a chance and I have a new job in a new field at a company I LOVE.  The job is awesome, my boss is great, and my coworkers complete me.  The not only get me but they share my 12 year old boy sense of humor.  Working downtown is also a nice perk!

When I am not at work, I have been spending time in the driver's seat of my mini van chauffeuring kids to various activities.  I have three active kids that are involved in too many activities.  If you saw their energy level, you would know why they play lots of sports.  They enjoy it, we enjoy it, and we have a very large fabulous group of friends that I consider part of my family

Another good this is I am living my own dream and I have started playing hockey.  I am on a REAL team!  In fact, we just had our first tournament.  We didn't place but we did win a game! It is really fun and really great exercise.  I have met some nice people and I am learning some really cool moves.  I just hope I don't end up with a head injury, in a cast, or dead.


Remember that worst of times line in the book?  Yeah, life also took a dump on us.  This is the part of this post that could be a bad country song.  Grab a beer, your gun, and pet your dog and read on.

The Not so Great Stuff

Remember that worst of times line in the book?  Yeah, life also took a dump on us.  This is the part of this post that could be a bad country song.  Grab a beer, your gun, and pet your dog and read on.

Chubby Hubby has been walking around with a limp for about the last year of his life and a couple of doctors indicated that it was arthritis.  After some worsening symptoms (and a hypochondriac for a wife), he reluctantly scheduled an appointment with a neurologist.  After many, many, MANY tests which all came back normal, he was diagnosed with Primary Lateral Sclerosis or PLS for short.  It is the non-fatal cousin to ALS. 

I cried and cried.  I am more upset about it than he is.  In true Chubby Hubby form, he is going about his normal business and not dwelling on what he can't do.  I am mad that this is NOT PART OF THE PLAN and that it is not fair.  I know life is not fair.  This is not supposed to happen.  Not to him.  He is one of the smartest and nicest people that I know and He already survived 2 lay offs and has to deal with me as his wife.  Now this.  Not fair.  But then again 13 year old girls shouldn't die of cancer (my son's friend) and parents should not drop dead.  I guess when I look at it that way, it is fair.  We have our own fair share of shit that life throw out.

We are not wallowing.  He is not getting out of housework that easy.  I see some perks.  I can now beat him in a foot race and we will eventually get closer parking with his handicap hang tag.  As inappropriate as it is,we have to laugh about it or it will consume us (me).

Then there are my issues.

The last couple of years have been extremely rough for me health wise.  I have been dealing with some bad uncontrolled asthma and severe anemia.  I have been on steroids 8 times in the last year because of asthma.  Steriods + Stress + No Running = 35lb weight gain.  I already had some girth to me and now I have a bunch more.

The issue with anemia came to a head when I did the Susan G Komen 3 Day Walk.  I ended up in the ER after the event with a hemoglobin level of 6. After a blood transfusion and a couple of iron transfusion I started to feel back to normal but I needed to address the causes.   Lady problems and a bleeding ulcer were the culprit.  It was strongly suggested that I have a full hysterectomy.  I did and I am still on the couch recovering.

The asthma is slowly getting under control.  Believe it or not the anemia had a lot to with it.  My doctors have suggested that I adopt a Paleo like diet to reduce inflammation.  I am not quite there yet with that part of this recovery, but I will.  I am on the road to recovery and I am feeling better everyday.

Back to Blogging

As I have been sitting on my ever expanding arse these last few weeks, I have realized that I miss writing and sharing my boring life details with the world.  I decided it was time to resurrect the new blog I started way back in January and retire my old blog Chubby Chicks Run Too...

This blog will be about Me.  An overscheduled, married, hockey mom of three that works full time, plays hockey and runs.   It will also cover the journey to get fit,  adopting a clean eating lifestyle, and dealing with a horrible neurological condition that is changing the lifestyle of my family.  In a nutshell, it is going to be as attention deficit as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts