Pages - Menu

Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Good Intentions of a Hockey Parent





My friend posted this meme on my Facebook wall.  It is so true!!!  While I have my main Christmas tree up in my living room, I have two Small's ones that have gone undecorated.  In fact, the one that I set up in the basement is in the middle of the room without a single decoration on it.  I wouldn't have put it up but Christmas is at my house this year and we should be somewhat festive.  Perhaps decorating the hockey bags with some lights and tinsel would do the trick.

This weekend I had every intention to get my Christmas on.  I was going to watch Elf, Christmas Vacation, and my all time favorite move, Love Actually while enjoying a hot toddy and addressing cards.  I was going to make some treats with the kids, and I was going to do all my shopping. .  My presents would be wrapped.
...AND I was going to fit all that in while shuffling 3 kids to hockey.  Did I mention we had a tournament as well?

So this is what I ACTUALLY Did:

Friday:
Home from work at 4:30 and to the rink by 5:00 for a 6;00PM PeeWee Tournament Game
Pregame drinks with the hockey parents because we had an hour to kill before the game
Game (oh and was a good one but we lost!!)
Note:  While I am at this game, Chubby Hubby is in another town for my other son's game.
Home at 8:00PM and ordered pizza
Kids to bed late 10PM
Started addressing cards.  Lost my address book so I am online stalking my friends to get their info.
1:00 gave up but was happy I had some cards done.


Saturday:
Volunteer duties call.
Volunteer laptop dies and spent 2 hours on tech support call.
11AM Drive Diva To Game
Games lasts forever and we are done at 2PM
Haul ass to another rink for another PeeWee game.
Watched some great hockey (we won!)
Gave my kid a high five and sped away to the next rink.
My daughter had practice with her girls team and then a parent social
Snuck a few minutes of shopping in and I am proud to say I got started.*

Sunday:
7:00 am Hockey
10:30 am Hockey
1:00 pm Hockey
3:30 pm Hockey

3 Kids.  1 Day. 4 Rinks.  4 Cities.  2 Very Tired Parents.


As you can probably predict, I didn't come close to getting my list done.  There were no cards.  No gifts wrapped.  No cookies made.  I am not sure why I even try to be a Martha Stewart wannabe this time of year.  I never make cookies or treats any other time of the year.  In fact, I am not sure I know how to use the oven.

Long story short, I need to get Christmas going and I predict some really late nights this week!

*Well, I thought I had a great start but it turns out I only purchased wrapping paper and ribbon.


*please excuse the worse than normal writing, it has been a long weekend!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts