Pages - Menu

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Dinner is Served

Last night a miracle happened.  We had all three kids at one ice arena and they were on the ice at the same time!  Hallelujah!!!   We even got to drive to the rink in ONE vehicle.  Some people might call this crazy, we call this quality family time.  It is a rare occasion that we are all together.  As an added bonus,  Chubby Hubby and I were able to have 15 whole minutes to brainstorm a house pre-selling to do list and share that moment over a couple of concession stand coffees. 

A couple of other miracles occurred this week at our house, I cooked AND went to he grocery store.  Both are equally my most hated task.  I sucked it up and I spent a few hours prepping some meals for the week.  It was not what I wanted to do with a few spare hours but I am really thankful I did!  I love that I don't have to think when I get home.  I even had enough left over from each meal to pack our lunches (another huge accomplishment!).

I chose 3 easy meals that can be made ahead and warmed up in batches.  Since we eat at weird times because I our schedule, I needed something that was filling but extremely quick.  I think I did a great job and no one was gagging which is a sign that they liked what was in front of them.  Unfortunately I don't have photographic evidence and people that know me will not believe that I cooked without proof.

This Week's Menu:


Monday and Tuesday

Beef Chili

Wednesday and Thursday

Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Friday and Saturday

Italian Sausage Soup


I have to develop this meal planning business into a habit because it has reduced my stress tremendously and is saving me a ton of money by not having to buy lunches.  My colleagues have similar goals so our goal is to bring lunch 4 out of the 5 days and then have an out to lunch day.  It can't be bad for the weight loss or the pocket book as well!

It is too bad that I don't have the same ambition to workout.  The gym is impossible to get a treadmill and it is subzero outside-so there is no running going on here (at least that my excuse).  I don't want my big return to running to be on a dreadmill!  I am very excited to get back to it but not ready to be a winter badass.  I didn't run, but  I was able to get out and play hockey this past Sunday and that has got to count for about 3 workouts!  I was so tired and still am! 

One habit at a time....






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts