Pages - Menu

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year! A Look Back at 2015

Happy New Year!  How is it already 2016?  How is hockey season already half over???  I really wish I could make time slow its role a bit.  As I get older, time seems to go faster.

It has been a few weeks since my last post and there has been a lot happening.  I turned 42 (FORTY FREAKING TWO!!).  We all got the stomach flu which made a lot Christmas quieter (and the scale a bit happier).  The kids had quite a bit of hockey and we blew through 4 of our 16 tournaments for the season.  New Year's was also mellow.  But the biggest news is I hit the eight week post surgery milestone and I have made my comeback to the rink (different post to come).

What would the first post of the new year be without a bit of reflection?

2015 was a great year but it definitely threw us a few curveballs.  Our family didn't expect a rare neurological disease be part of the plan nor was it in my plan to have two stays in a hospital including major surgery.  Even with the bad stuff, the year was a success and I am proud that I knocked a few things of my resolution list (yes, I a nerdy on that makes resolutions every year).

My goals for 2015 were:


Start Playing Hockey

Mission Accomplished.  I started with a beginner skating clinic, then took a Women's Beginner School, and now I play on a team.  I have no plans to stop any time soon!  I love it and love the women on my team!!

Get a New Job

Mission Accomplished. I started in March.  I love my job and everyday I am thankful for this opportunity.  I will admit it was scary to leave my old employer where I spent my entire adult life but the change was just want I needed.

Train for a Race and Run

Kind of Accomplished.  While I didn't run a marathon, I did complete a 5K and I participated in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer.  I finished both but they almost killed me.  I didn't know it then but I was severely anemic.  I don't recommend doing events when your iron is low.

Start a New Blog

Mostly Accomplished.  The blog is launched but off to a slow start. I have a backlog of writing to do and I need to freshen up this place a bit and make it look nice. 

Lose A Lot of Weight

Not Accomplished.  I guess I am down 5lbs from this time last year but I have a long long LONG way to go.

Get the House Market Ready

Just getting started. Things are getting fixed up, cleaned up, and painted.  We hope to have it on the Market by spring!


So my yearly resolutions went pretty well, how did I do for with the goals I set for December?


Fitness Goals:

  • DONE!!  Work up to walking 3 brisk miles.
  • DONE!!   Returned 12/28  Return to skating and play in the December 20th Game (depending on how I feel)
  • NOPE!!  Go to hot yoga at least one time since I keep paying for it.

Clean Eating Goals:

Let's be real, clean eating around this time of year is tough.  I am going to do my best to not gain any more weight over this holiday season.
  • DONE!!  NO GLUTEN!  I am allergic to wheat and I have been eating whatever I want.  My GI tract is not happy.  It seems like a no brainer to give it up when it causes a reaction but I am not that smart.  Cookies taste so good and I am like a moth to a flame.
  • NOPE!!  Who packs lunches around Christmas??  Pack most of of my lunches. Going out every day is expensive and really bad for the waistline! 

General Goals:

The last few years have been very hectic and some of my favorite traditions have gone to the wayside.  December is an insane month with activities and lots of hockey.  I want to make sure that I get a chance to enjoy my favorite holiday.
  • NOPE!  But we ate a ton of them!  Christmas cookies with the kids.  Notice I didn't say I would make them?  We most likely will harrass my brother and sister in law to make them for us or take a trip to Costco.
  • MOSTLY DONE!!  I Still have a stack to mail.  Mail Christmas Cards before the end of 2015.  Yeah...they didn't go out last year.

Pretty good if I do say so myself.  Next post will cover what I want out of 2016.

Happy New Year

1 comment:

Popular Posts